Hubert Kairuki Memorial University is education institution in Africa and here we have discussed about Hubert Kairuki Memorial University Entry requirements (Eligibility) for undergraduate courses, PhD courses, postgraduate courses, Masters and research degrees. All our courses have course-specific entry requirements. Before you apply, check that you meet the entry requirements for the course you are interested in.
Hubert Kairuki Memorial University Entry requirements (Eligibility) 2023/2024 academic year!
HUBERT KAIRUKI MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY (HKMU)
ADMISSIONS ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2019/2020
Hubert Kairuki Memorial University (HKMU) is a fully accredited and chartered University, recognized by the Government of United Republic of Tanzania, through the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU). HKMU is owned by Nongovernment Organization, known as the Kairuki Health and Education Network (KHEN). KHEN also owns the Kairuki Hospital that is used by HKMU as its main teaching hospital for the academic year 2019/2020 applications are hereby invited for the following academic programmes:
- MASTER OF MEDICINE (MMED)
HKMU offers Master of Medicine (MMED) Degree programme in PAEDIATRICS AND CHILD HEALTH
The aim of the MMED training at HKMU is to offer higher and specialized medical education and learning experiences, in order to produce more competent practitioners and role models in clinical practice, administration, teaching and health research.
Upon completion of this training, the graduate should be able to:
- Understand, practise, and offer high quality specialized medical care to his/her patients, based on current knowledge in basic and applied sciences.
- Analyse and relate, at an advanced level, medical and health care practice to the philosophy, purpose, policy and standards of the medical profession.
- Practise advanced and innovative leadership skills at the highest level within the political, social and health care systems.
- Teach and educate clients, staff and trainees of medical practice or otherwise; while conducting research, consuming and publishing research results and findings.
Holder of a good MD or MBChB degree or equivalent, normally with at least B grade in the subject intended for specialization. And a working experience of at least one year as a Medical Officer after internship.
- MASTER OF SCIENCE IN PUBLIC HEALTH (MScPH)
- Holders of Doctor of Medicine (MD) or equivalent, BSc. Nursing, BSc. Environmental Health, BSc. Laboratory Technology or equivalent, Doctor of Dental Surgery, and Bachelor of Pharmacy or equivalent. Nurses and pharmacists must have obtained at least lower second class.
- Graduates of recognized University with at least upper second class in health-related fields of study such as sociology, anthropology, health statistics, health economics, epidemiology, demography, biology, nutrition, food science and health information sciences.
- Working experience with communities in health related fields at a district or higher level would be advantageous.
Duration of the programme: 18 months.
- DOCTOR OF MEDICINE (MD)
Applicants must have completed form VI or its equivalent with three principal passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology with minimum entry of 8 points. Whereby one must have at least C grade in Chemistry and Biology and at least D grade in Physics.
- Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with at least five (5) passes including two credit passes in Chemistry and Biology and a D grade in Physics PLUS appropriate Diploma or Advanced Diploma with an average of B+ or GPA of 3.5
- II. BSc Lower second majoring in Physics/Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Zoology.
Duration of the programme: 5 years.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING (BSCN)
Applicants must have completed from VI or its equivalent with three principal passes in Chemistry, Biology and either Physics or Mathematics or Nutrition with a minimum of 6 points. Whereby one must have at least C grade in Chemistry and at lease D grade in Biology and E grade in Physics or Mathematics or Nutrition.
- Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with at least Five (5) passes including two credit passes in Chemistry and Biology and a D grade in Physics PLUS appropriate Diploma or Advanced Diploma with an average of B+ or GPA of 3.5
- BSc Lower second majoring in Physics/Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Zoology
Duration of the programme: 4 years
DIPLOMA AND CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES
- BASIC CERTIFICATE (NTA LEVEL 4) IN SOCIAL WORK
Applicants for Basic Certificate in Social Work (NTA Level 4) must have the following minimum qualifications: certificate of secondary education with minimum of FOUR PASSES excluding religious subjects or National Vocational Award (NVA) level 3 (with at least 3 passes of CSE).
- TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATE (NTA level 5) IN SOCIAL WORK
- NTA level 4 in Social work.
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education with at least one principal and subsidiary pass excluding religious subjects.
- Technician certificate in Social work related occupations
ORDINARY DIPLOMA (NTA LEVEL 6) IN SOCIAL WORK
- Technician Certificate (NTA Level 5) in Social work.
DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES OFFERED BY KAIRUKI SCHOOL OF NURSING
- DIPLOMA IN NURSING IN- SERVICE PROGRAMME (THROUGH E-LEARNING)
Kairuki School of Nursing offers Diploma in Nursing in-service programme, through E-learning/ distance learning. This method combines electronic learning using computers and face to face sessions. This approach allows nurses to remain at their work place for most of the study time and enables them to study at their own place, with minimal disruption to their work schedules, taking into consideration the practical oriented nature of nursing and midwifery education. The programme is meant for Enrolled Nurses who want to upgrade themselves to Registered Nurses.
Candidates will be taken through two weeks of face to face and practicum sessions that will include basic computer skills at the beginning of each semester at KSN. The course is accredited by NACTE and approved by the Tanzania Nursing and Midwifery Council (TNMC).
Holder of Technician Certificate (NTA level 5) in Nursing with “D” pass in Biology, Chemistry or Physics (CSEE) for the graduates starting from 2010; OR Graduates before NTAs system should have certificate in Nursing and Midwifery/Public Health Nurse B and at least “D” Pass in any of science subject; AND Work experience of two (2) years and above, Necessary Attachments: Register and License to practice by TNMC, Technician Certificate and Transcript in the related field and Letter of permission from employer.
Duration of the programme: 2 years
- DIPLOMA IN NURSING IN- SERVICE PROGRAMME (CONVENTIONAL PROGRAMME)
Holder of Technician Certificate (NTA level 5) in Nursing with “D” pass in Biology, Chemistry or Physics (CSEE) for the graduates starting from 2010; OR Graduates before NTAs system should have certificate in Nursing and Midwifery/Public Health Nurse B and at least “D” Pass in any of science subject; and work experience of two (2) years and above. Necessary Attachments: Register and License to practice by TNMC, Technician Certificate and Transcript in the related field and Letter of permission from the employer.
Duration of the programme: One year
- DIPLOMA IN NURSING (NTA LEVEL 4-6) PRE-SERVICES PROGRAMME
The Diploma in Nursing (NTA Level 4-6) Pre-service, is a programme that is meant to take students who have never attended nursing training before.
Applicants, who are holders of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE), with four (4) passes in non-religious subjects including a “D” passes in Chemistry, Biology and Physics / Engineering Sciences
Duration of the programme: 3 years
Mode of application:
Applicants for all programmes offered by HKMU are required to apply directly to the University through an online application portal available at: www.hkmu.ac.tz; with a non-refundable application fee of TZS 50,000 or US$ 50 (for international students).
Important: Please contact or visit the official website of Hubert Kairuki Memorial University for detailed information at http://www.hkmu.ac.tz/ .